In addition to offering study rooms (unavailable during the COVID pandemic) and carrels for our patrons, we also provide cozy seating areas for patrons of all ages.
The Howard Miller Public Library is pleased to offer materials in a variety of formats, as well as services for all ages. Programming for the Youth Department includes story times, family movie nights, craft programs, summer reading challenges, and other special programs. For adults, the library offers various adult programming classes and seminars. Please call for more specific details.
Services Offered at the Library
- Curbside Holds Pick-Up
- This complimentary service is designed to make your life easier. There's no need to wake sleeping children, battle for a parking spot, or navigate an icy lot with HMPL's Curbside Holds Pick-Up Service!
- Curbside Pick-Up parking spot is located on Church Street in front of the library's doors.
- Reference questions answered in person, by phone, or by email.
- Public Access Computers
- Can be accessed with a library card or guest pass. Guest passes are obtained from the reference desk on the second floor.
- Internet access
- Gaming is currently unavailable on public access computers.
- Microsoft Office programs available:
- Computers are first come first serve and can be used for up to 2 1-hour sessions.
- Public access computers are turned off 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Keyword Searchable digitized Zeeland record with printing capabilities.
- Genealogy and local history collection.
- Ancestry is available for free on our computers.
- In-House Laptop Lending
- For ages 18 and older
- State ID required for use
- Only available if all public access computers are in use.
- Except during COVID. These laptops are available for lobby use for people who cannot wear a mask to use our public access computers.
- Laptop must stay in the library at all times.
- Laptops may be borrowed for up to 4 hours.
- Laptops have Internet access and Microsoft Office.
- Black & white:
- $0.20 for 8 1/2 by 11 inches, per side
- $0.30 for 11 by 17 inches, per side
- $0.50 per side
- Black & white:
- Scanning documents to email is free but we must assist you.
- Magnifying Machine is available for vision impaired patrons. Machine is simple to use and staff can assist if needed. Currently unavailable until repaired. 7/15/20
- DVD Collection including feature films, children's titles, television shows, exercise videos, and non-fiction titles.
- Magazine Collection available in library and digitally.
- Grand Rapids Press
- Holland Sentinel
- Wall Street Journal
- Zeeland Record
- Mel.org: Access to books and materials at public, college and university libraries across the state. This is also where you can access databases for academic and general information!
- Online Catalog that allows users to access their patron information from home and to request items from other libraries within the Lakeland Library Cooperative.
- Vertical file containing information about local businesses and local history.
The Howard Miller Library offers patrons the options of easy, user friendly self-checkout using MK-Solutions Software on a large touch screen monitor.