Tax Information

Tax Information

We have Federal and Michigan Tax Forms located in the lobby hallway! 

For Michigan we have the following:

MI-1040 instructions

MI-1040CR-7 instructions

Michigan Individual Income Tax Return MI-1040 form

Michigan Schedule 1 Additions and Subtractions form

Michigan Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim MI-1040-CR form

For Federal we have the following:

1040 (and 1040-SR) instructions

1040 form

1040-SR form

 También tenemos formularios federales en español.

Tax Help for 2023 Taxes

It's tax season! We would like to highlight some resources around West Michigan for you to take advantage of.

IMPORTANT: Some VITA and TCE sites may not accepting appointments at this time.  Please look at this IRS webpage before you search for VITA or TCE assistance. 

Ottawa County United Way
The Ottawa County United Way offers a resource called "My Free Taxes". If you know someone who needs help with their taxes and cannot use the computer you can recommend calling United Way's 2-1-1 call specialists!

Michigan Free Tax Help

VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) is a program supported by the IRS that provides people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns, including 1) people who make roughly $60,000 or less, 2) persons with disabilities, and 3) limited English-speaking taxpayers with free assistance in preparing their own tax returns. You will find a site that lets search by ZIP for free tax assistance near you!

AARP's Tax-Aide Program
Visit AARP to find tax resources for seniors!

Tax Counseling for the Elderly through
Learn more about the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) service here. It is similar to the VITA program, but is available to anyone age 60 or older. You can search for tax assistance based on your ZIP code!

We recommend that you click the following links to learn what you need to do and print the forms from home:

Steps for Tax Filing Season

Federal Forms and Publications

Michigan Tax Information