Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
If you got a new library card number or recently moved you will need to update your account on Libby. It is pretty easy to do this!
1. Click on the menu icon in the center of the screen.
2. Choose "X Card(s) +".
3. Pick Actions.
4. Choose "Verify Card"
5. Enter your library card number and click Sign In.
This will have to be repeated with any of the partner libraries.
Updated: March 29, 2022
Show All Answers
Yes! Lakeland Digital Library (Lakeland Library Cooperative), Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS), Suburban Library Cooperative, Great Lakes Digital Libraries (GLDL), and Download Destination are partnered to share certain digital resources. This means that all patrons will have additional digital resources available to them.
Here's how to sign up with the other libraries:
1. Click on the menu icon at the center of the bottom menu:
2. Click "Add A Library".
3. Search for Midwest Collaborative, Suburban Library, Great Lakes Digital Libraries or Download Destination.
4. Choose "Sign In With My Card" then scroll to Lakeland Digital Library (under Partner Libraries).
5. Use your library card to sign in and then repeat the process with the other partnering libraries!
To Switch Between Libraries:
There are a few ways to switch between libraries:
1. Click on the Libby icon at the center of the menu.
2. Click on the library you want to explore.
1. Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the library name and pick a library to search:
You can also borrow from other libraries right from the title information!
1. Click on the "plus box".
2. If another library has a copy ready to check out you can click on the box to borrow it immediately!
You will open your "shelf" and choose loans. See the menu below to learn all about the Libby options.
Find our materials here! There are multiple collections of books to browse as you scroll down the screen. Just click on the book cover that catches your eye to learn more about it and borrow/place it on hold!
Click the magnifying glass to search for material. Start typing the book/series title or author. Suggestions will appear—unfortunately, this does not mean that the library owns the title. You can borrow or place the book on hold from the results page!
Here you will find:
Loans - What you’ve already checked out
Holds - What material you’re on hold
Tags - This is a way to organize what books you want to read and those you’ve read. You can create a Wishlist by making a new tag.
Timeline lets you see what you what you placed on hold or checked out by month.
5. Using Partner Libraries on Libby:
Other libraries in Michigan have partnered with Lakeland Library Cooperative to offer you more material. You can switch between libraries by clicking on the Libby icon in the center.
You can also see what other libraries have the book you’re looking at by clicking on the “plus box” (see below). If another library has a copy ready to check out you can click on the box to borrow it immediately!
You can also update your library card number and provide feedback to Libby using this icon.
You can only renew an item if its within 3 days of being due and no one has it on hold. It is a common courtesy to return your item as soon as you're done so the next person can enjoy it!
When you're ready to renew or return:
1. Go your Shelf and pick "loans".
2. Click "Manage Loan" under the title.
3. Choose "Return Early" or "Renew Loan" if available.
The other options are:
Reading Journey - See how much time you've spent reading this title and the timeline for your checkouts.
Share Title - If you really loved this title and want to share it with your friends you can share the link from here!
Tag - Tag the title to group together your favorites, what you didn't like, or just about anything!